Kubiak: Arian Foster won't practice Monday
raw video: Kubiak on Foster's injury, conerns
HOUSTON -- Houston coach Gary Kubiak says Arian Foster won't be back on the field for the Texans on Monday because his lower back is sore.
Kubiak expects starting quarterback Matt Schaub to play the majority of next Sunday's preseason game against the New Orleans Saints, with backup quarterbacks Case Keenum and T.J. Yates possibly playing all of the final preseason game against Dallas. Schaub is 13 of 16 for 126 yards and a touchdown in the first two preseason games. Keenum threw for 275 yards and two touchdowns, while Yates has passed for 235 yards and two touchdowns in two preseason games.Kubiak says rookie wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, who left Saturday's 24-17 win over the Dolphins with a concussion, is better and will start the concussion protocol.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
houston texans, sports
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston