Texans' Antonio Smith suspended one regular season game, two preseason games
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's official. The Houston Texans will be without one of their key defensive players on the field for a few weeks. Antonio Ssmith has lost his appeal of a three game suspension.
The NFL has denied Smith's expedited appeal of the suspension. This means Smith will miss the Texans' final two preseason games and have to sit out the season opener with the San Diego Chargers.
The league suspended smith for ripping off the helmet of the Miami Dolphins' Richie Incognito and swinging it at him last week. Smith will lose about $400,000 in salary.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
houston texans, sports
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 7 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns