Aggies suspend 4 players for 2 games
COLLEGE STATION, TX -- No. 7 Texas A&M has announced the suspensions of four players for two games just minutes before the start of the season-opener against Rice.
Cornerback De'Vante Harris, linebacker Steven Jenkins, defensive end Gavin Stansbury and receiver Edward Pope have all been suspended for the first two games of the season for violating team rules.
Harris, Jenkins, Stansbury were all listed as starters on the most recent depth chart.
The Aggies are also missing Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel for the first half on Saturday after he was suspended for an "inadvertent" NCAA rules violation earlier this week.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats 34 min ago
- Dog shoplifts and buries treats
34 min ago
- Driverless car mystery solved
34 min ago