Texans coach Gary Kubiak names TJ Yates backup for Matt Schaub
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of the biggest questions of the Texans' preseason now has an answer. TJ Yates has won the backup quarterback job over former UH star Case Keenum.
Texans coach Gary Kubiak made the announcement this afternoon. Yates has been the No. 2 guy behind starter Matt Schaub each of the last two seasons and has just as many playoff wins. He was going up against Keenum, a fan favorite here in Houston, for the job.
Both played well in the preseason. Yates was 35 of 50 for 482 yards and four TDs. Keenum was 43 of 63 for 482 yards and three TDs.
The regular season begins on Monday, September 9 against the San Diego Chargers. It's a game you can catch on ABC13.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911 46 min ago
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 9 min ago
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man