Texans coach Gary Kubiak names TJ Yates backup for Matt Schaub
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of the biggest questions of the Texans' preseason now has an answer. TJ Yates has won the backup quarterback job over former UH star Case Keenum.
Texans coach Gary Kubiak made the announcement this afternoon. Yates has been the No. 2 guy behind starter Matt Schaub each of the last two seasons and has just as many playoff wins. He was going up against Keenum, a fan favorite here in Houston, for the job.
Both played well in the preseason. Yates was 35 of 50 for 482 yards and four TDs. Keenum was 43 of 63 for 482 yards and three TDs.
The regular season begins on Monday, September 9 against the San Diego Chargers. It's a game you can catch on ABC13.
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela 58 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- 5 Things to Know for Today 52 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash 49 min ago
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- David Tillman's Friday weather forecast
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos