Texans players return home following win over Chargers
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans team arrived at Reliant Stadium this morning after a red-eye flight back from San Diego.
The team tweeted they landed at around 5:45am after last night's thriller.
If you fell asleep early, you missed a thriller. At one point in the second half, the Texans were down by three touchdowns. But they managed to come back, thanks to an offense that was clicking on all cylinders and a defense that finally figured out how to stop Phillip Rivers and the Chargers.
In the end, it was a Randy Bullock field goal as time expired to seal the 31-28 Texans win.
"They've been trying to cut this cake all day and ready to cut it now," said Texans fan Mike Matta, who was at a game-watching gathering last night. "We're going to start the party right. It's worth every minute to watch us win, win, win."
A lot of Texans fans lost sleep last night, including Houston Mayor Annise Parker. She tweeted the following earlier this morning, "I hate myself this morning for watching football last night, but Go Texans! -A."
Here's an interesting stat. Before last night's game, there were three teams the Texans had never beaten -- the Chargers, Vikings and Eagles. You can take the Chargers off that list. But we'll have to wait for the other two teams, as they're not on the Texans schedule this season.
You can celebrate the Texans' big win with some free and discounted food items. All day today you can get a free Texans 20-ounce slushy at Sonic and you can get a half-priced pizza at participating Papa John's. This offer is only valid at certain Papa John's so make sure you call ahead.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
nfl, houston texans, san diego chargers, sports
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat