Texans players return home following win over Chargers
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans team arrived at Reliant Stadium this morning after a red-eye flight back from San Diego.
The team tweeted they landed at around 5:45am after last night's thriller.
If you fell asleep early, you missed a thriller. At one point in the second half, the Texans were down by three touchdowns. But they managed to come back, thanks to an offense that was clicking on all cylinders and a defense that finally figured out how to stop Phillip Rivers and the Chargers.
In the end, it was a Randy Bullock field goal as time expired to seal the 31-28 Texans win.
"They've been trying to cut this cake all day and ready to cut it now," said Texans fan Mike Matta, who was at a game-watching gathering last night. "We're going to start the party right. It's worth every minute to watch us win, win, win."
A lot of Texans fans lost sleep last night, including Houston Mayor Annise Parker. She tweeted the following earlier this morning, "I hate myself this morning for watching football last night, but Go Texans! -A."
Here's an interesting stat. Before last night's game, there were three teams the Texans had never beaten -- the Chargers, Vikings and Eagles. You can take the Chargers off that list. But we'll have to wait for the other two teams, as they're not on the Texans schedule this season.
You can celebrate the Texans' big win with some free and discounted food items. All day today you can get a free Texans 20-ounce slushy at Sonic and you can get a half-priced pizza at participating Papa John's. This offer is only valid at certain Papa John's so make sure you call ahead.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
nfl, houston texans, san diego chargers, sports
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 33 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 44 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier