Texans to play in world's loudest stadium when they take on Chiefs Sunday
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After an embarrassing loss at home to the Rams Sunday, it doesn't get any easier for the Houston Texans.The team heads to Arrowhead Stadium Sunday. Not only are the Chiefs unbeated this season, their fans just broke the world record for noise level.
Arrowhead has been named the loudest stadium in the NFL before, but now it's official from Guinness World Records. In the chiefs 24-7 win over Oakland yesterday, fans reached 137.5 decibels in the closing minutes, setting a new record.
To put that in perspective, a jet engine at 100 feet is about 140 decibels. Chiefs Coach Andy Reid said he could feel the ground shaking.
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues