O'Korn tosses 5 TDs in UH rout of Rutgers
PISCATAWAY, NJ -- Freshman John O'Korn threw for career bests of 364 yards and five touchdowns and Houston forced a season-high six turnovers in routing error-prone Rutgers 49-14 on Saturday.
Sophomore receiver Deontay Greenberry also had a career day for Houston (6-1, 3-0 American Athletic Conference), catching eight passes for 168 yards and three touchdowns, with the yardage and TDs being personal bests.
O'Korn came into the game leading all true freshmen with 14 touchdown passes and he added to the total, hitting 24 of 30 attempts to help Houston rebound from its first loss of the season. His scoring passes covered 10, 83 and 5 yards to Greenberry, 26 to DeMarcus Ayers and 2 yards to Aaron Johnson.
Justin Goodwin ran for 161 yards and two touchdowns for Rutgers (4-3, 1-2), which suffered its worst loss since a 56-5 setback to Louisville in 2005.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo