O'Korn tosses 5 TDs in UH rout of Rutgers
PISCATAWAY, NJ -- Freshman John O'Korn threw for career bests of 364 yards and five touchdowns and Houston forced a season-high six turnovers in routing error-prone Rutgers 49-14 on Saturday.
Sophomore receiver Deontay Greenberry also had a career day for Houston (6-1, 3-0 American Athletic Conference), catching eight passes for 168 yards and three touchdowns, with the yardage and TDs being personal bests.
O'Korn came into the game leading all true freshmen with 14 touchdown passes and he added to the total, hitting 24 of 30 attempts to help Houston rebound from its first loss of the season. His scoring passes covered 10, 83 and 5 yards to Greenberry, 26 to DeMarcus Ayers and 2 yards to Aaron Johnson.
Justin Goodwin ran for 161 yards and two touchdowns for Rutgers (4-3, 1-2), which suffered its worst loss since a 56-5 setback to Louisville in 2005.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom 32 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate 13 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston