Manziel leads Aggies to 56-24 win over Vandy
COLLEGE STATION, TX -- Johnny Manziel threw for 305 yards and four touchdowns in less than three quarters, and No. 14 Texas A&M bounced back with a 56-24 victory over Vanderbilt on Saturday.
Manziel showed no signs that the right shoulder he injured last week was bothering him. He threw three TDs in the first quarter to help A&M (6-2, 3-2 Southeastern Conference) build a 28-point lead. He tacked on another score before sitting down with 6 minutes left in the third quarter and the Aggies leading 42-17.
The Aggies rebounded from last week's upset loss to Auburn despite playing a messy game where they had five turnovers.
Freshman Patton Robinette had a tough time in his first start filling in for the injured Austyn Carta-Samuels for Vanderbilt (4-4, 1-4). He threw two interceptions - one was returned for a score - and was sacked five times.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 45 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 25 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 55 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows 26 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
55 min ago