Comcast Sportsnet heads to bankruptcy court; Rockets make appeal to judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new developments in the cable channel dispute involving Comcast Sportsnet Houston.Today, the network is heading to bankruptcy court and for the first time since the dispute started, the Rockets will make their case to the judge.
The channel, which carries all the Houston Astros, Houston Rockets and Dynamo games has only been available on Comcast's Xfinity cable and other smaller services. That's about 40 percent of all the cable subscribers in Houston and now the network claims it's bankrupt.
Comcast Sports Net wants the judge to appoint a trustee to be in charge of the network. But the Rockets oppose Comcast's request for a trustee which they say "will defeat one of the core purposes of the chapter 11 process."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 52 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 15 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Three Webster officers go before judge today 22 min ago
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire 20 min ago
- Three local teams hope to bring home state football titles 21 min ago
- Repeat winner for most annoying word of 2013 28 min ago
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Casey Curry's Friday forecast
57 min ago