Texans Coach Gary Kubiak released from hospital
raw video: Kubiak collapses on field during halftime
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak was released from the hospital today, the team has confirmed.
The team says Kubiak became dizzy and light-headed Sunday night, causing him to stop and kneel down on his way off the sidelines. He was admitted to a hospital in the Medical Center.
After multiple tests and diagnostics, it was concluded Kubiak experienced a transient ischemic attack (TIA). He is expected to make a full recovery.
It has not been determined when Kubiak will return to Reliant Stadium to resume his head coaching duties.
Statement from Houston Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak:
"I want to thank my family, the McNair family, the Texans organization, the doctors and staff at Houston Methodist and the entire Houston community for all the love and support we have received over the past three days. I've been through an ordeal and my focus now is to get back to good health. Doctors have told me I will make a full recovery but we have not determined when I will be cleared to return to the office. Again, thank you for the support and concern."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 56 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns