Horns escape with 47-40 OT win over West Virginia
MORGANTOWN, WV -- Case McCoy threw a 2-yard touchdown pass in overtime and Texas linebacker Steve Edmond then intercepted West Virginia's Paul Millard in the end zone on fourth down to give the Longhorns a 47-40 win over the Mountaineers on Saturday night.
Texas (7-2, 6-0 Big 12) maintained sole possession of first place in the conference over No. 5 Baylor.
The Longhorns sent the game into overtime tied at 40-40 on Anthony Fera's fourth field goal of the game, a 24-yarder with 13 seconds left in regulation.
McCoy threw three TD passes after halftime, including the short toss to fullback Alex De La Torre on the Longhorns' overtime possession.
Mario Alford ran 20 yards on West Virginia's first play of overtime, but Millard, playing in place of the injured Clint Trickett, threw two straight incompletions before his soft pass ended up in Edmond's hands.
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape 13 min ago
- Hail storm moved quickly across viewing area 26 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 18 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast