Texans' Hopkins addresses inappropriate video
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's been a tough season for the Texans, not only on the field but off of it.On Tuesday, they cut their big free agent signing, Ed Reed. Now, they're dealing with a new controversy involving their first-round draft pick.
It has to do with a sexually-explicit video that was posted on DeAndre Hopkins' Instagram account.
Shortly after that video was posted, it was removed and a woman claiming to be Hopkins' girlfriend posted a message that said Hopkins' account had been hacked. That message read in part "This is his girlfriend. He's in meetings with no phone. Have some respect people."
Hopkins denied sending the explicit video, saying his account was hacked.
"I had a pretty simple Instagram password," he said.
When asked what he's going to do differently, Hopkins replied, "Make a harder password, first of all. That's the only thing I can do to prevent another situation like this."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
sports, david nuno
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 15 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 3 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck 34 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged