Texans' Hopkins addresses inappropriate video
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's been a tough season for the Texans, not only on the field but off of it.On Tuesday, they cut their big free agent signing, Ed Reed. Now, they're dealing with a new controversy involving their first-round draft pick.
It has to do with a sexually-explicit video that was posted on DeAndre Hopkins' Instagram account.
Shortly after that video was posted, it was removed and a woman claiming to be Hopkins' girlfriend posted a message that said Hopkins' account had been hacked. That message read in part "This is his girlfriend. He's in meetings with no phone. Have some respect people."
Hopkins denied sending the explicit video, saying his account was hacked.
"I had a pretty simple Instagram password," he said.
When asked what he's going to do differently, Hopkins replied, "Make a harder password, first of all. That's the only thing I can do to prevent another situation like this."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
sports, david nuno
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 2 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now 7 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston 10 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 57 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
39 min ago