Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad taken out in the Chronicle
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a classy gesture from the recently fired Texans Coach Gary Kubiak over the weekend.
He bought a full-page ad in the Houston Chronicle. In it, he and his wife, Rhonda, thanked the team for its hard work and the fans for being the best in the NFL.
Kubiak was fired Friday, just three games shy of what would have been his eighth full season with the Texans. It was expected. The Texans have lost 11 straight games.
He led the team to back-to-back AFC South division championships in the previous two seasons.
Defensive coordinator Wade Philips is now the interim head coach.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 38 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter! 35 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck