President Bush sends supportive note to 'Bama kicker
TUSCALOOSA, AL -- Alabama kicker Cade Foster received a supportive note from President George W. Bush.
Foster missed two field goal attempts and had a third blocked in the Crimson Tide's 34-28 loss to Auburn on Nov. 30.
He posted a photo of the letter on his Twitter and Instagram accounts Wednesday.
- "Dear Cade (#43),
"Life has its setbacks. I know!
"However you will be a stronger human with time.
"I wish you all the best -
Bush was the 43rd President and Foster wears No. 43.
"Framing this," the kicker wrote on the Instagram caption
The letter was first reported by al.com.
No. 3 Alabama will play Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl, but had been trying for a third straight national title.
Foster received threats on social media in the aftermath of the loss to Auburn. But teammates and Alabama fans swiftly rallied around him, with thousands joining a Facebook fan page "Bama fans supporting Cade Foster" by the following day.
Foster had made 11 of 12 field goals on the season before the game with Auburn.
He is a senior.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 47 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 45 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students 3 min ago
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart