NFL.com, ESPN now rank Johnny Football top prospect in NFL draft
COLLEGE STATION, TX (KTRK) -- Another day, another headline for Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel. He's now rated the No. 1 prospect in the upcoming NFL draft.
Longtime Cowboys director of player personnel Gil Brandt gives Manziel that designation for NFL.com, calling the Aggies' Heisman winner a unique athlete with great vision.
ESPN's Mel Kiper now has Manziel No. 1 on his draft board, too.
A couple of Bear Bryant award finalists told us they've never seen anyone like Johnny Football.
"First of all, he can definitely transition to the pro game,' said Auburn coach Gus Malzahn. "He's one of the better players that, if not the best player, that I ever coached against. He's got things that a lot of other people don't have and I think the sky's the limit."
Baylor's Art Briles agrees.
"I think he's a can't miss guy," said Briles. "No question. I mean, the thing I've always said is it equates if you're great in high school, great in college, you're great in the NFL. He's been great at every level he's ever been at."
The Texans have the first pick in the upcoming NFL draft.
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy 15 min ago
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Child dies in rollover wreck along Gulf Freeway 29 min ago
- Car becomes lodged under box truck in SW Houston wreck 39 min ago
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico 16 min ago
- Court filing: Tugboat in ship channel spill was speeding 9 min ago
- More space, shops coming to The Galleria 31 min ago
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
21 min ago