Andre Johnson says if it was up to him, he'd trade away No. 1 pick in NFL draft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Andre Johnson believes the Texans are not far away from being a contender again, but does have a game-plan for what the Texans should do with the number one pick.
Johnson, speaking today at the Houston Golf Club promoting his golf tournament on March 10 that will benefit the area women's center, said, "I have thought about different scenarios. Me personally, if I had it, I would probably trade it, but that's just my opinion."
Johnson added that his opinion is not a suggestion.
"That doesn't make it right," he said. "Doesn't mean they should listen to me, because I am not the GM. I have never had to sit in the draft room like that."
Johnson did say that a rebuilding process would be difficult, but that he expects to be a Texans player for the rest of his career.
"I think so. I really couldn't picture myself in another jersey." Johnson continued. "I hope it ends up that way. You can only control what you can. "
David Nuno will have much more of his conversation with Andre Johnson tonight at 10pm. Follow him on twitter @DavidNunoabc13.
sports, david nuno
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 10 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- David Tillman's weather forecast
51 min ago