Andre Johnson says if it was up to him, he'd trade away No. 1 pick in NFL draft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Andre Johnson believes the Texans are not far away from being a contender again, but does have a game-plan for what the Texans should do with the number one pick.
Johnson, speaking today at the Houston Golf Club promoting his golf tournament on March 10 that will benefit the area women's center, said, "I have thought about different scenarios. Me personally, if I had it, I would probably trade it, but that's just my opinion."
Johnson added that his opinion is not a suggestion.
"That doesn't make it right," he said. "Doesn't mean they should listen to me, because I am not the GM. I have never had to sit in the draft room like that."
Johnson did say that a rebuilding process would be difficult, but that he expects to be a Texans player for the rest of his career.
"I think so. I really couldn't picture myself in another jersey." Johnson continued. "I hope it ends up that way. You can only control what you can. "
David Nuno will have much more of his conversation with Andre Johnson tonight at 10pm. Follow him on twitter @DavidNunoabc13.
sports, david nuno
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 26 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 47 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 30 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared