UH to authorize conference move
HOUSTON -- University of Houston regents will meet Thursday to authorize the school chancellor to negotiate a move to a new athletic conference.
Houston is one the teams being courted by the Big East, which is trying to expand to 12 members. The Cougars currently play in Conference USA and the football team is ranked No. 18.
The agenda for the meeting announced Monday calls for allowing Chancellor and President Renu Khator to "execute a contract for athletic conference affiliation and to negotiate and provide notice of contract cancellation."
The agenda does not specify a conference destination.
- Severe weather possible this morning 1 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses