Rice among 8-team Texas contingent for NCAAs
DALLAS, TX -- Baylor is the No. 4 seed nationally and leads an eight-team Texas contingent in the NCAA baseball tournament, while the Texas Longhorns will miss the postseason for the first time since 1998.
The seeding awarded Monday means the Bears (44-14) will get to host one of eight super regionals if they win the Waco regional that includes Dallas Baptist (39-17), Texas-Arlington (36-23) and Oral Roberts. Baylor opens against Oral Roberts.
Rice and Texas A&M also are hosting double-elimination regionals. The Owls (40-17) face Prairie View (28-23) in their opener, while Sam Houston State (38-20) faces Arkansas.
The Aggies (42-16) open against Dayton, and TCU (36-19) will face Ole Miss.
All the regionals start Friday.
The Longhorns last missed the tournament in coach Augie Garrido's second season.
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Overturned tanker truck causing traffic nightmare 4 min ago
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar 1 min ago
- Boy, 13, charged in 'wrestling' death of girl, 5
- 2nd arson suspect arrested after clothing store fire
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue