Rice among 8-team Texas contingent for NCAAs
DALLAS, TX -- Baylor is the No. 4 seed nationally and leads an eight-team Texas contingent in the NCAA baseball tournament, while the Texas Longhorns will miss the postseason for the first time since 1998.
The seeding awarded Monday means the Bears (44-14) will get to host one of eight super regionals if they win the Waco regional that includes Dallas Baptist (39-17), Texas-Arlington (36-23) and Oral Roberts. Baylor opens against Oral Roberts.
Rice and Texas A&M also are hosting double-elimination regionals. The Owls (40-17) face Prairie View (28-23) in their opener, while Sam Houston State (38-20) faces Arkansas.
The Aggies (42-16) open against Dayton, and TCU (36-19) will face Ole Miss.
All the regionals start Friday.
The Longhorns last missed the tournament in coach Augie Garrido's second season.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 9 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy 8 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold 31 min ago
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell 58 min ago
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 57 min ago
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait 22 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Video: Flu widespread in Harris County 58 min ago
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- Sneak peek at rare art exhibit
33 min ago
- Flu widespread in Harris County
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos