Texas A&M vs. La. Tech game postponed because of Isaac
RUSTON, LA -- Texas A&M and Louisiana Tech have decided to postpone Thursday night's season opener in Shreveport because of Hurricane Isaac's forecast path through Louisiana.
The game has been rescheduled until Oct. 13, which had been an open date for both teams.
Louisiana Tech Athletic Director Bruce Van de Velde says university officials, who announced the postponement on Tuesday, are concerned about the safety of the athletes and fans, and want to conscientious of the effect the storm could have on residents throughout the region.
Officials say the kickoff time will be determined at a later date. Tickets and parking permits already purchased will be honored, but there will be no refunds.
Tech now opens Sept. 8 at Houston, while A&M opens Sept. 8 at home against No. 23 Florida.
texas a&m, ncaa, college
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 2 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 8 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death 57 min ago
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs 12 min ago
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- House approves budget bill; now goes to Senate
- Houston emergency rooms filling up
16 min ago
- Treating asthma by burning the lungs
12 min ago