Texas A&M vs. La. Tech game postponed because of Isaac
RUSTON, LA -- Texas A&M and Louisiana Tech have decided to postpone Thursday night's season opener in Shreveport because of Hurricane Isaac's forecast path through Louisiana.
The game has been rescheduled until Oct. 13, which had been an open date for both teams.
Louisiana Tech Athletic Director Bruce Van de Velde says university officials, who announced the postponement on Tuesday, are concerned about the safety of the athletes and fans, and want to conscientious of the effect the storm could have on residents throughout the region.
Officials say the kickoff time will be determined at a later date. Tickets and parking permits already purchased will be honored, but there will be no refunds.
Tech now opens Sept. 8 at Houston, while A&M opens Sept. 8 at home against No. 23 Florida.
texas a&m, ncaa, college
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 10 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 1 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 1 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 6 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.