La. Tech runs roughshod over Rice, 56-37
RUSTON, LA -- Louisiana Tech rolled up 609 yards of offense to take down Rice 56-37 on Saturday.
The Bulldogs' Colby Cameron passed for 276 yards and four TDs, and Quinton Patton caught seven passes for 119 yards and two scores. Tevin King rushed for 204 yards on 22 carries for Louisiana Tech (2-0), and Kenneth Dixon carried 14 times for 113 yards and three TDs.
Louisiana Tech faced only nine third downs, and they converted six of them.
Louisiana Tech, which beat Houston 56-49 last week, opened the season with two consecutive victories for the first time since 2004.
The Owls (1-2) weren't too bad on offense themselves, rolling up 477 yards -- 277 rushing and 205 passing. Taylor McHargue threw for 205 yards and two TDs and rushed for 93 yards and three touchdowns for Rice, which was coming off a 25-24 victory over Kansas.
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 12 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 55 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 50 min ago
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far? 54 min ago
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 49 min ago
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Burglars break in through roof of Walgreen's store 47 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- 13 Things to Know for Thursday 41 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- otrc: 'Bachelor' Sean Lowe making wedding plans
- abcnews: 5 Biggest food and exercise mistakes
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone