Shaq earns doctorate in education at Barry in Fla.
MIAMI, FL -- Former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal is a doctor now.
O'Neal received his doctoral degree in education from Barry University alongside 1,100 other students during commencement ceremonies Saturday.
The Miami Herald (http://bit.ly/KCwbej ) reports that O'Neal got on one knee so the chair of Barry's organizational learning and leadership program could drape a light blue hood around O'Neal's more-than-7-foot frame.
O'Neal then high-fived other graduates as he made his way back to his seat along with his manager, Cynthia Atterberry, who also received a doctorate in education.
The former All-Star and MVP earned a cumulative GPA of 3.813 while completing 54 credit hours at Barry, mostly through online courses and video conferencing over the last four years. O'Neal's doctoral capstone project explored how CEOs and business leaders use humor in the workplace.
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife 23 min ago
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house 53 min ago
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates 44 min ago
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
4 min ago
- Aftermath of 5.7-magnitude quake in...
4 min ago