UCF's Marcus Jordan, son of NBA star, arrested
Central Florida basketball player Marcus Jordan, the son of former NBA great Michael Jordan, was arrested in Omaha early Sunday following a disturbance outside a downtown hotel.OMAHA, Neb. -- Central Florida basketball player Marcus Jordan, the son of former NBA great Michael Jordan, was arrested in Omaha early Sunday following a disturbance outside a downtown hotel.
According to a news release, police responding to a call at the Embassy Suites found hotel security trying to subdue Marcus Jordan, who was having an argument with two women in the hotel driveway at 2:11 a.m.
The release said Jordan was "very animated, intoxicated and uncooperative," and it took multiple officers to control and handcuff him.
Jordan was booked at the Douglas County Department of Corrections for resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and obstructing. He had been released by Sunday night.
Jordan, a rising senior, averaged 13.7 points for UCF last season.
- Girl critical after nearly drowning in Cleveland pond
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- UH police investigating on-campus robbery
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- HCSO sergeant killed in crash laid to rest
- Warmer weather on its way to Houston area
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos