North Dakota St. earns FCS playoffs top seed
North Dakota State is the top seed in the 20-team Football Championship Subdivision playoffs. The NCAA revealed the bracket Sunday.North Dakota State is the top seed in the 20-team Football Championship Subdivision playoffs. The NCAA revealed the bracket Sunday.
The defending national champion Bison finished 10-1 and won the Missouri Valley's automatic bid.
The playoffs begin Saturday with four games, the winners of which will advance to face the top four seeds: North Dakota State, No. 2 Eastern Washington, No. 3 Montana State, and No. 4 Old Dominion, on Dec. 1.
North Dakota State will play the winner of South Dakota State and Ohio Valley champion Eastern Illinois.
No. 5 Georgia Southern, which received the Southern Conference's automatic bid, is the only other seeded team. The Eagles will face Southland champion Central Arkansas in the second round.
Unseeded at-large bids went to Appalachian State, Cal Poly, Illinois State, New Hampshire, Sam Houston State, South Dakota State, Stony Brook and Wofford.
Other conference champions to receive automatic bids in the championship are the MEAC's Bethune-Cookman, the Big South's Coastal Carolina, Colgate of the Patriot League, Villanova of the CAA and the Northeast Conference's Wagner, which is making its first appearance in the FCS playoffs.
All first- and second-round games will be broadcast on ESPN3. A full schedule is available here.
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 31 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 50 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos