No. 2 OT Johnson, ex-PSU commit, going to Pitt
Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.
Dorian Johnson, an ESPN 150 prospect and the No. 2 offensive tackle nationally, committed to Pitt while on his official visit this weekend, Belle Vernon (Pa.) Area coach Aaron Krepps told ESPN in a text message.
Johnson, who was committed to Penn State before the NCAA sanctions, officially visited Pitt with other ESPN 300 prospects Tyler Boyd (Clairton, Pa./Clairton) and Robert Foster (Monaca, Pa./Central Valley).
Pitt was Johnson's leader since decommitting from Penn State in August. The No. 22 player in the ESPN 150 had the Panthers slightly ahead of Ohio State, with Virginia Tech a distant third.
Johnson has an official visit to Ohio State planned for Dec. 7 and is slated to visit unofficially Nov. 24 for the Michigan game. It is not clear if those visits still will take place.
"Have not had an opportunity to speak with (Johnson) at length," Krepps said about any details surrounding the commitment.
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals 17 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps 31 min ago
- Police seek suspects in N. Houston smash-and-grab
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos