No. 2 OT Johnson, ex-PSU commit, going to Pitt
Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.
Dorian Johnson, an ESPN 150 prospect and the No. 2 offensive tackle nationally, committed to Pitt while on his official visit this weekend, Belle Vernon (Pa.) Area coach Aaron Krepps told ESPN in a text message.
Johnson, who was committed to Penn State before the NCAA sanctions, officially visited Pitt with other ESPN 300 prospects Tyler Boyd (Clairton, Pa./Clairton) and Robert Foster (Monaca, Pa./Central Valley).
Pitt was Johnson's leader since decommitting from Penn State in August. The No. 22 player in the ESPN 150 had the Panthers slightly ahead of Ohio State, with Virginia Tech a distant third.
Johnson has an official visit to Ohio State planned for Dec. 7 and is slated to visit unofficially Nov. 24 for the Michigan game. It is not clear if those visits still will take place.
"Have not had an opportunity to speak with (Johnson) at length," Krepps said about any details surrounding the commitment.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 39 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 51 min ago
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 34 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 41 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 39 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 7 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos