Penn State: Scandal costs stand at $27M-plus
Penn State's bill for legal fees, consultants and other costs associated with the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal stands at more than $27.6 million.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State's bill for legal fees, consultants and other costs associated with the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal stands at more than $27.6 million.
An updated figure as of November 2012 was provided this week on a university website. It includes a $13 million price tag for board of trustees communications and the internal investigation into the scandal by former FBI director Louis Freeh.
Freeh's findings released last summer were the subject of renewed scrutiny this week after Joe Paterno's family released an extensive response conducted by its own experts.
Nearly $7.5 million is paying for university legal services or defense. About $4 million is for other legal defense fees, including those covering three ex-school administrators facing criminal charges related to the scandal.
Meanwhile, Joe Paterno's son, Jay Paterno, told the Centre Daily Times and WJAC-TV in Pennsylvania on Friday that he is writing a book about his father's relationship with the family, his former players and the Penn State community as a whole.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St.... 1 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 26 min ago
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts 22 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 46 min ago
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products 6 min ago
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls
- Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
1 min ago
- Reviving Historic Fifth Ward
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos