Lamar tops Chavez 42-16
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Our 13.2 High School Football Game of the Week Thursday turned out to be a crazy one after a big brawl on the field.
Lamar and Chavez squared off at Barnett Stadium Thursday night and it was physical. And in the second half, that boiled over. Chavez quaterback Demun Mercer ran out of bounds and was hit late by Lamar's Darin McNeil. Then Mercer ran after McNeil and everything got crazy with both teams going at each other.
Some players threw punches and coaches and officials did their best to get everyone seperated. The situation was finally brought under control.
Chavez coach Jason Glenn let his team know that what happened is unacceptable. A few minutes later, Mercer did it the right way by scoring Chavez's first touchdown of the night.
However, the game ended with Lamar winning 42-16.
On Saturday, October 1, our game of the week will feature Pearland against Clear Lake at 6pm. Don't miss any of the action on Channel 13.2 or streamed live here on abc13.com.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 14 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad 17 min ago
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Travis Herzog's Monday forecast
10 min ago