Lamar tops Chavez 42-16
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Our 13.2 High School Football Game of the Week Thursday turned out to be a crazy one after a big brawl on the field.
Lamar and Chavez squared off at Barnett Stadium Thursday night and it was physical. And in the second half, that boiled over. Chavez quaterback Demun Mercer ran out of bounds and was hit late by Lamar's Darin McNeil. Then Mercer ran after McNeil and everything got crazy with both teams going at each other.
Some players threw punches and coaches and officials did their best to get everyone seperated. The situation was finally brought under control.
Chavez coach Jason Glenn let his team know that what happened is unacceptable. A few minutes later, Mercer did it the right way by scoring Chavez's first touchdown of the night.
However, the game ended with Lamar winning 42-16.
On Saturday, October 1, our game of the week will feature Pearland against Clear Lake at 6pm. Don't miss any of the action on Channel 13.2 or streamed live here on abc13.com.
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 28 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 51 min ago
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape 44 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing 31 min ago
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
27 min ago