Fort Bend Travis advances in HS hoops tournament
AUSTIN, TX -- Aaron Harrison scored 30 points behind a barrage of long 3-pointers and rim-rattling dunks, leading Fort Bend Travis to an 85-72 win Friday over Northside Warren in the Class 5A state semifinals.
Harrison scored 19 in the first half, was held scoreless in the third quarter, then helped Travis put the game away down the stretch. One of the top-rated junior guards in the country, he also had eight rebounds and four assists in leading the Tigers (36-3) to the championship game in the school's first state tournament.
John Burnette scored 17 behind five 3-pointers for Travis, including two in the second half that helped kill Warren rallies.
Taurean Waller-Prince had 21 points and 14 rebounds to lead four Warren players scoring in double figures. Warren (35-6) made 12 3-pointers.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo