Fort Bend Travis advances in HS hoops tournament
AUSTIN, TX -- Aaron Harrison scored 30 points behind a barrage of long 3-pointers and rim-rattling dunks, leading Fort Bend Travis to an 85-72 win Friday over Northside Warren in the Class 5A state semifinals.
Harrison scored 19 in the first half, was held scoreless in the third quarter, then helped Travis put the game away down the stretch. One of the top-rated junior guards in the country, he also had eight rebounds and four assists in leading the Tigers (36-3) to the championship game in the school's first state tournament.
John Burnette scored 17 behind five 3-pointers for Travis, including two in the second half that helped kill Warren rallies.
Taurean Waller-Prince had 21 points and 14 rebounds to lead four Warren players scoring in double figures. Warren (35-6) made 12 3-pointers.
- 51 killed after tornadoes rip through Oklahoma 30 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others 46 min ago
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- Court appearance for man accused in attack at nail salon
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos