Astros re-sign coaches Brocail and Barnett
HOUSTON -- The entire Houston Astros coaching staff will remain intact for next season after the team agreed to one-year contracts with pitching coach Doug Brocail and hitting coach Mike Barnett on Tuesday.
The Astros signed manager Brad Mills, third base coach Dave Clark, first base coach Bobby Meacham, bench coach Al Pedrique and bullpen coach Jamie Quirk to two-year contracts at the end of last season that run through the 2012 season. The franchise also holds an option for the 2013 season on Mills' contract.
Brocail has worked as interim pitching coach since June 14 when the Astros fired Brad Arnsberg. Brocail spent 15 seasons pitching in the majors before retiring in 2009. Barnett has worked for the Astros since Nov. 2010 after working as the team's minor league hitting coordinator.
The Astros finished with a major-league worst 56-106 record for the first 100-loss season in franchise history.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse