Astros re-sign coaches Brocail and Barnett
HOUSTON -- The entire Houston Astros coaching staff will remain intact for next season after the team agreed to one-year contracts with pitching coach Doug Brocail and hitting coach Mike Barnett on Tuesday.
The Astros signed manager Brad Mills, third base coach Dave Clark, first base coach Bobby Meacham, bench coach Al Pedrique and bullpen coach Jamie Quirk to two-year contracts at the end of last season that run through the 2012 season. The franchise also holds an option for the 2013 season on Mills' contract.
Brocail has worked as interim pitching coach since June 14 when the Astros fired Brad Arnsberg. Brocail spent 15 seasons pitching in the majors before retiring in 2009. Barnett has worked for the Astros since Nov. 2010 after working as the team's minor league hitting coordinator.
The Astros finished with a major-league worst 56-106 record for the first 100-loss season in franchise history.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale