No name change for Astros, owner says
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Last week, new Houston Astros owner Jim Crane hinted that the name of the team could change. Apparently feedback from fans and season ticket holders has convinced him to take that option off the table.In a video message emailed to season ticket holders on Monday, Crane let it be known that the team will remain the Astros.
"We received strong feedback and consensus among season ticket holders and many fans, and we will not change the name Astros," Crane said in the message. "The Houston Astros are here to stay."
Over the last few weeks, hundreds of season ticket holders took part in sessions with Crane and other members of Astros management to discuss ways to improve the fan experience.
The team is also considering another chage -- uniforms. Crane said switching uniforms is something they are "highly considering." Any changes wouldn't happen until 2013 when Houston makes the move from the National League to the American League.
What do you think? Should the Astros consider a uniform change? Talk about it on our Facebook page.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler 52 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke 48 min ago
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 10 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.