No name change for Astros, owner says
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Last week, new Houston Astros owner Jim Crane hinted that the name of the team could change. Apparently feedback from fans and season ticket holders has convinced him to take that option off the table.In a video message emailed to season ticket holders on Monday, Crane let it be known that the team will remain the Astros.
"We received strong feedback and consensus among season ticket holders and many fans, and we will not change the name Astros," Crane said in the message. "The Houston Astros are here to stay."
Over the last few weeks, hundreds of season ticket holders took part in sessions with Crane and other members of Astros management to discuss ways to improve the fan experience.
The team is also considering another chage -- uniforms. Crane said switching uniforms is something they are "highly considering." Any changes wouldn't happen until 2013 when Houston makes the move from the National League to the American League.
What do you think? Should the Astros consider a name and/or uniform change? Talk about it on our Facebook page.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 2 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 2 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 54 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day