No name change for Astros, owner says
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Last week, new Houston Astros owner Jim Crane hinted that the name of the team could change. Apparently feedback from fans and season ticket holders has convinced him to take that option off the table.In a video message emailed to season ticket holders on Monday, Crane let it be known that the team will remain the Astros.
"We received strong feedback and consensus among season ticket holders and many fans, and we will not change the name Astros," Crane said in the message. "The Houston Astros are here to stay."
Over the last few weeks, hundreds of season ticket holders took part in sessions with Crane and other members of Astros management to discuss ways to improve the fan experience.
The team is also considering another chage -- uniforms. Crane said switching uniforms is something they are "highly considering." Any changes wouldn't happen until 2013 when Houston makes the move from the National League to the American League.
What do you think? Should the Astros consider a name and/or uniform change? Talk about it on our Facebook page.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare 30 min ago
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring 53 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown 32 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program
- 5TH WARD REVITAL
43 min ago