Astros will use 'blend' of old colors for new unis
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a lot of buzz at Minute Maid Park Wednesday about the new uniforms the Astros will wear next season when they join the American League.
Astros owner Jim Crane says variations of uniforms have been making their way through focus groups to get opinions, but from what we can glean, they'll be getting away from the reddish tones they've used since the move to Minute Maid.
That red was the dominant color in Drayton McLane's company logos, so I think we're going to be seeing a lot of the old school oranges and blues from Colts 45s to the Shooting Star, to the Rainbows and the semi-rainbows on the shoulders, to the one I liked the best in the mid 90's, the simple blue and gold with the open, forward-moving gold star on the cap.
What do you think? Vote in our ABC13 Sports poll on this page above.
houston astros, mlb, mlb, bob allen
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 20 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 13 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 10 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 44 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes