Astros will use 'blend' of old colors for new unis
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a lot of buzz at Minute Maid Park Wednesday about the new uniforms the Astros will wear next season when they join the American League.
Astros owner Jim Crane says variations of uniforms have been making their way through focus groups to get opinions, but from what we can glean, they'll be getting away from the reddish tones they've used since the move to Minute Maid.
That red was the dominant color in Drayton McLane's company logos, so I think we're going to be seeing a lot of the old school oranges and blues from Colts 45s to the Shooting Star, to the Rainbows and the semi-rainbows on the shoulders, to the one I liked the best in the mid 90's, the simple blue and gold with the open, forward-moving gold star on the cap.
What do you think? Vote in our ABC13 Sports poll on this page above.
houston astros, mlb, mlb, bob allen
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 38 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title 38 min ago
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years 37 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer