Astros will use 'blend' of old colors for new unis
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a lot of buzz at Minute Maid Park Wednesday about the new uniforms the Astros will wear next season when they join the American League.
Astros owner Jim Crane says variations of uniforms have been making their way through focus groups to get opinions, but from what we can glean, they'll be getting away from the reddish tones they've used since the move to Minute Maid.
That red was the dominant color in Drayton McLane's company logos, so I think we're going to be seeing a lot of the old school oranges and blues from Colts 45s to the Shooting Star, to the Rainbows and the semi-rainbows on the shoulders, to the one I liked the best in the mid 90's, the simple blue and gold with the open, forward-moving gold star on the cap.
What do you think? Vote in our ABC13 Sports poll on this page above.
houston astros, mlb, mlb, bob allen
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry bears down on Mexico's coast 25 min ago
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai 33 min ago
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos