Astros acquire INF Tyler Greene from St. Louis
HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros have acquired infielder Tyler Greene from the St. Louis Cardinals.
The Astros received Greene on Thursday in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
The 28-year-old appeared in 77 games for the Cardinals this season, including 40 starts. A first-round draft pick in 2005, Greene is hitting .218 with four home runs and 19 RBIs. Greene made an error at second base on Wednesday that led to two runs for the San Francisco Giants, who had a five-run sixth inning en route to a 15-0 win.
Houston designated Triple-A shortstop Brian Bixler for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for Greene.
The Astros will make a move on the 25-man roster when Greene reports to the team.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 15 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes 59 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 26 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier