Astros acquire INF Tyler Greene from St. Louis
HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros have acquired infielder Tyler Greene from the St. Louis Cardinals.
The Astros received Greene on Thursday in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
The 28-year-old appeared in 77 games for the Cardinals this season, including 40 starts. A first-round draft pick in 2005, Greene is hitting .218 with four home runs and 19 RBIs. Greene made an error at second base on Wednesday that led to two runs for the San Francisco Giants, who had a five-run sixth inning en route to a 15-0 win.
Houston designated Triple-A shortstop Brian Bixler for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for Greene.
The Astros will make a move on the 25-man roster when Greene reports to the team.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 31 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
53 min ago