Academy accidentally releases new Astros logo early
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Academy Sports and Outdoors is publicly apologizing for what ended up on the sales floor of several of its Houston stores.
The company says new shirts with the new Astros logo were accidentally put up for sale too soon. They've since been taken off the sales floor.
"We express our apologies to Houston Astros fans, our partners at the Houston Astros ball club, along with Major League Baseball for inadvertently releasing the new Astros T-shirts in limited quantity," Rodney Faldyn, Academy Sports + Outdoors CEO & President said in a prepared statement. "We take pride in our ongoing partnership with the Astros, and this oversight is not our standard business practice. We are looking forward to celebrating the official jersey launch with the Houston Astros on November 2, 2012."
Next Friday, the Astros will officially unveil the team's new uniforms, logo and mascot during a sold-out launch party at Minute Maid Park.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Amber Alert issued for missing 18-month-old child 29 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 18 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- What's the farthest point from the Earth's center? 13 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in fatal shooting in southeast Houston
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Autopsy ordered on Texas City inmate who died
- IRS official Lois Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos