Academy accidentally releases new Astros logo early
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Academy Sports and Outdoors is publicly apologizing for what ended up on the sales floor of several of its Houston stores.
The company says new shirts with the new Astros logo were accidentally put up for sale too soon. They've since been taken off the sales floor.
"We express our apologies to Houston Astros fans, our partners at the Houston Astros ball club, along with Major League Baseball for inadvertently releasing the new Astros T-shirts in limited quantity," Rodney Faldyn, Academy Sports + Outdoors CEO & President said in a prepared statement. "We take pride in our ongoing partnership with the Astros, and this oversight is not our standard business practice. We are looking forward to celebrating the official jersey launch with the Houston Astros on November 2, 2012."
Next Friday, the Astros will officially unveil the team's new uniforms, logo and mascot during a sold-out launch party at Minute Maid Park.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer