Astros add Eduardo Perez, Dennis Martinez to coaching staff
HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros have hired Eduardo Perez as bench coach and Dennis Martinez as bullpen coach to complete the staff of new manager Bo Porter.
Martinez was a pitching coach in the Cardinals system for the last six seasons. He was a four-time All-Star and threw a perfect game in a playing career from 1976-98.
Perez is the manager of the Colombian team in the World Baseball Classic. He recently worked as hitting coach for the Marlins. The first baseman spent parts of 13 seasons in the majors as a player.
The Astros also announced that Tony DeFrancesco, who was Houston's interim manager at the end of last season, would return to his former job as manager of Triple-A Oklahoma City.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 22 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 17 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 44 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 25 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 52 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born