Astros add Eduardo Perez, Dennis Martinez to coaching staff
HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros have hired Eduardo Perez as bench coach and Dennis Martinez as bullpen coach to complete the staff of new manager Bo Porter.
Martinez was a pitching coach in the Cardinals system for the last six seasons. He was a four-time All-Star and threw a perfect game in a playing career from 1976-98.
Perez is the manager of the Colombian team in the World Baseball Classic. He recently worked as hitting coach for the Marlins. The first baseman spent parts of 13 seasons in the majors as a player.
The Astros also announced that Tony DeFrancesco, who was Houston's interim manager at the end of last season, would return to his former job as manager of Triple-A Oklahoma City.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Hail coming down in parts of viewing area 24 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 21 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Hail comes down in Stafford
39 min ago