Analyst Jim Deshaies leaving Houston Astros to join Chicago Cubs' booth
CHICAGO, IL -- Former major league pitcher Jim Deshaies has agreed to a four-year contract to serve as a Chicago Cubs television analyst.
WGN-TV and the Cubs announced the agreement Monday. Deshaies will work with Len Kasper in the booth and replace Bob Brenly, who left in October to return to broadcasting for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Deshaies has been serving since 1997 as an analyst in Houston, where he spent most of his playing career. He was 84-95 with a 4.14 ERA in 12 major league seasons.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 22 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston 17 min ago
- Suspects pose as officers when breaking into SE Houston home 6 min ago
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button? 23 min ago
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race