Source: Nolan Ryan's son, Reid, to be named next president of Astros
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Earlier this week, speculation was swirling that Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan could become the next president of the Houston Astros. Turns out, according to MLB.com, his son will take the reins instead.
MLB.com is reporting that Reid Ryan, who runs the Texas Rangers Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock and Astros Double-A team in Corpus Christi, will be announced as the new Astros president on Friday.
The announcement comes just three days after George Postolos resigned from the position, which he had held since November of 2011.
We'll have much more on this story on Eyewitness News this afternoon and abc13.com.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab 7 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 31 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 48 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls 41 min ago
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
3 min ago