Source: Nolan Ryan's son, Reid, to be named next president of Astros
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Earlier this week, speculation was swirling that Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan could become the next president of the Houston Astros. Turns out, according to MLB.com, his son will take the reins instead.
MLB.com is reporting that Reid Ryan, who runs the Texas Rangers Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock and Astros Double-A team in Corpus Christi, will be announced as the new Astros president on Friday.
The announcement comes just three days after George Postolos resigned from the position, which he had held since November of 2011.
We'll have much more on this story on Eyewitness News this afternoon and abc13.com.
houston astros, mlb, mlb
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 3 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 41 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 11 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs 45 min ago
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- Houston emergency rooms filling up
49 min ago
- Treating asthma by burning the lungs
45 min ago