Blue Jays' Morrow placed on DL, out indefinitely
The Toronto Blue Jays placed right-hander Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday, retroactive to June 12, and recalled infielder Yan Gomes from Triple-A Las Vegas.TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays placed right-hander Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday, retroactive to June 12, and recalled infielder Yan Gomes from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Morrow left nine pitches into Monday's start against Washington after suffering a strained muscle in his left side. A second round of tests Tuesday confirmed the initial diagnosis and Morrow was placed on the DL. There is no timetable for his return.
Morrow entered Monday's game having won three of his previous four starts, a stretch in which he also threw two shutouts. The former first-round pick has a career-high three shutouts this season. He's 7-4 with a 3.01 earned-run average in 13 starts.
In 14 games with Toronto this season, Gomes is hitting .226 with three homers and eight RBIs.
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos