Source: Rockets' Yao Ming retiring from basketball
Friday, July 08, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Rockets center Yao Ming says he will retire from the NBA after eight seasons, according a person with knowledge of his situation.
The Rockets have no comment on the report because of the lockout, and the NBA has not received official retirement paperwork from Yao. Yao's contract expired after last season, and the Rockets said they were interested in re-signing him if he came back healthy. Yao said in April that his professional future depended on his recovery from a stress fracture in his left ankle. Tune in to Eyewitness News this afternoon for full coverage. Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
houston rockets, nba
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire