Rockets sign C Samuel Dalembert
HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have signed free-agent center Samuel Dalembert.
The 6-foot-11 Dalembert agreed to a multi-year contract last week. The team officially announced his signing Monday.
Houston opens the season at Orlando on Monday night.
Dalembert averaged 8.1 points and 8.2 rebounds for Sacramento last season. He played his first eight seasons in Philadelphia after the 76ers made him a first-round (26th overall) pick in 2001.
The Rockets needed to add a big man after NBA Commissioner David Stern halted a three-team deal that would have brought Pau Gasol to town.
houston rockets, nba, nba
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 44 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?