Rockets' Morris cited after Kansas-Missouri game
LAWRENCE, KS -- Houston Rockets rookie reserve Marcus Morris faces a misdemeanor battery citation over a reported Lawrence bar incident several hours after his former Kansas teammates beat Missouri on Saturday.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports that Supervising City Prosecutor Jerry Little confirmed the citation Monday afternoon.
The citation stems from a 2:37 a.m. Sunday police call to a Lawrence bar.
Police spokeswoman Kim Murphree says a male employee was punched twice and that two men received citations. Little says those citations show that Marcus Morris is scheduled to appear March 20 in Lawrence Municipal Court.
Morris had attended the Missouri-Kansas game with his twin brother, Markieff, a former Jayhawk who now plays for the Phoenix Suns. Markieff wasn't implicated.
A message left for the Rockets wasn't immediately returned Monday.
houston rockets, nba, nba
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?