Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers to play preseason games in Philippines, Taiwan
HOUSTON -- The NBA is going overseas for eight preseason games in October, with stops in Europe, Asia and South America.
The Oklahoma City Thunder will open the proceedings by playing Turkish team Fenerbahce on Oct. 5 in Istanbul. The Philadelphia 76ers follow a day later against Uxue Bilbao in Spain.
The Thunder and 76ers then meet on Oct. 8 in Manchester, England.
The Houston Rockets and Indiana Pacers will meet on Oct. 10 in Manila, Philippines, and again on Oct. 13 in Taipei, Taiwan. Also in Asia, the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers will play each other on Oct. 15 in Beijing and then again three days later in Shanghai.
In South America, the Chicago Bulls will play the Washington Wizards on Oct. 12 in Rio de Janeiro.
houston rockets, nba, nba
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 18 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final