Houston Rockets rookie Royce White's path taking another detour
HOUSTON -- Houston rookie Royce White is saying on Twitter that he's returning to Houston at the advice of a team doctor, and his time with the Rockets' developmental league team in the Rio Grande Valley may be over.
Houston's first-round pick said Thursday morning: "Have been advised by our team physician it is most logical I be in Houston the remainder of the season. Thank you @rgvvipers for having me."
A spokesman for the Rockets says White, whose acknowledged anxiety disorder has kept him from playing for Houston this season, is still on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers roster. He says the team will have no further comment.
houston rockets, nba, nba
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi 27 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California
- Extremely rare indentical triplets born
38 min ago