Rockets vs. Thunder: 1st Round NBA Playoffs Schedule
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Rockets are in the playoffs for the first time since 2009, but the team will have to topple the top seed in order to advance.
Houston will face the Western Conference's No. 1 seed in Oklahoma City. The Rockets and Thunder are the second and third highest scoring teams in the NBA, respectively.
The Thunder won two of the three meetings between the teams this season -- the first two games were blowout wins for Oklahoma City, but the Rockets won 122-119 at home back in February.
Here's the first-round playoff schedule:
- Game 1: L 91-120 at OKC
- Game 2: L 102-105 at OKC
- Game 3: L 101-104 at Houston
- Game 4: W 105-103 at Houston
- Game 5: W 107-100 at OKC
- Game 6: Fri. 5/3 8:30pm at Houston
- Game 7: Sun. 5/5 TBD at OKC (if necessary)
The teams have never faced each other in the playoffs since the Thunder moved to Oklahoma City from Seattle. The Rockets were 1-5 overall against the Supersonics franchise in playoff series.
The Rockets last won a championship in 1995. The Thunder lost to the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals last year and have not won a championship since their move.
houston rockets, nba, nba
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 9 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 10 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game