Rockets vs. Thunder: 1st Round NBA Playoffs Schedule
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Rockets are in the playoffs for the first time since 2009, but the team will have to topple the top seed in order to advance.
Houston will face the Western Conference's No. 1 seed in Oklahoma City. The Rockets and Thunder are the second and third highest scoring teams in the NBA, respectively.
The Thunder won two of the three meetings between the teams this season -- the first two games were blowout wins for Oklahoma City, but the Rockets won 122-119 at home back in February.
Here's the first-round playoff schedule:
- Game 1: L 91-120 at OKC
- Game 2: L 102-105 at OKC
- Game 3: L 101-104 at Houston
- Game 4: W 105-103 at Houston
- Game 5: W 107-100 at OKC
- Game 6: Fri. 5/3 8:30pm at Houston
- Game 7: Sun. 5/5 TBD at OKC (if necessary)
The teams have never faced each other in the playoffs since the Thunder moved to Oklahoma City from Seattle. The Rockets were 1-5 overall against the Supersonics franchise in playoff series.
The Rockets last won a championship in 1995. The Thunder lost to the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals last year and have not won a championship since their move.
houston rockets, nba, nba
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 16 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Harris Co. GOP sues Houston over same-sex benefits
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Suit: Fire risk known before Carnival ship sailed from Galveston 21 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 10 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Houston hotel displays half-ton chocolate Santa 28 min ago
- 800 firefighters battle late fall fire in Big Sur 38 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final
- DA tries again to put 'affluenza' teen behind bars
- Tougher new rules for game rooms