Hornets' Smith out for season with torn labrum
New Orleans Hornets general manager Dell Demps says 7-foot reserve forward and center Jason Smith will miss the rest of the season because of a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
Meanwhile, the Hornets also say rookie forward Anthony Davis will be out for Friday night's game against the Detroit Pistons because of a left shoulder sprain that occurred Tuesday night against New Jersey and also sidelined him Wednesday night at Oklahoma City. Davis will be listed as day to day.
Smith has played in 51 games this season, averaging 8.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in a little more than 17 minutes per game. He's shot 49 percent (167-for-341), giving him the third-best shooting percentage on the club.
He is now slated to have surgery early next week.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 40 min ago
- Pool area evacuated after strong chemical is leaked 1 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos