Report: George, Pacers near $90M-plus deal
The Indiana Pacers are close to finalizing a five-year extension worth more than $90 million with All-Star forward Paul George, Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday night, citing league sources.
The maximum extension is expected to be signed this week, according to the website.
George, the NBA's Most Improved Player in 2012-13, saw his scoring average rise to 19.2 points a game during the 2012-13 postseason, up from 17.4 in the regular season. He helped lead the Pacers to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, where they lost to the eventual champion Miami Heat.
George told the Indianapolis Star last week that he would sign a long-term deal with the Pacers before the start of the season.
"There will be a deal signed and sealed on the table before the season," he told the newspaper. "We're on the same page."
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 10 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 49 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos