Texans sign five members of draft class, as well as Keenum
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans have signed five of eight members of their 2012 draft class.
Houston signed center Ben Jones, receiver Keshawn Martin and defensive end Jared Crick, all fourth-rounders, kicker Randy Bullock (fifth round) and tackle Nick Mondek. The Texans also announced the signings of 21 undrafted free agents on Monday. One of them is quarterback Case Keenum, who became the career leader in yards passing (19,217) and touchdown passes (150) at Houston.
The 6-foot-3, 303-pound Jones, the 99th overall pick out of Georgia, will back up Chris Myers, who made the Pro Bowl last season. The 5-11, 194-pound Martin made 127 receptions for 1,714 yards at Michigan State. The 6-4, 276-pound Crick started his final 33 games for Nebraska, and his 20 sacks ranked eighth on the school's career list.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 28 min ago
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire 30 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 21 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive