Texans sign five members of draft class, as well as Keenum
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans have signed five of eight members of their 2012 draft class.
Houston signed center Ben Jones, receiver Keshawn Martin and defensive end Jared Crick, all fourth-rounders, kicker Randy Bullock (fifth round) and tackle Nick Mondek. The Texans also announced the signings of 21 undrafted free agents on Monday. One of them is quarterback Case Keenum, who became the career leader in yards passing (19,217) and touchdown passes (150) at Houston.
The 6-foot-3, 303-pound Jones, the 99th overall pick out of Georgia, will back up Chris Myers, who made the Pro Bowl last season. The 5-11, 194-pound Martin made 127 receptions for 1,714 yards at Michigan State. The 6-4, 276-pound Crick started his final 33 games for Nebraska, and his 20 sacks ranked eighth on the school's career list.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister? 57 min ago
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California 36 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Extremely rare indentical triplets born
36 min ago
- McDonald's customers order food, get sack...
16 min ago