Texans listed among world's most valuable sports teams
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans have been listed among the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world.
They came in pretty high on the list at number 13. The Texans are valued at $1.2 billion. That includes an annual $50 million in earnings from luxury suites, as well as the team's stadium naming rights deal with Reliant Energy which is worth $300 million over 30 years.
Two soccer teams topped the list with Manchester United first at $2.23 billion, and Real Madrid second at $1.88 billion. The Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees tied for third at $1.85 billion.
All 32 NFL teams made the list and the Texans ranked sixth most valuable among them.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire