Houston Texans sign 3rd-round pick WR Devier Posey
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans have signed third-round draft pick DeVier Posey.
The 6-foot-1, 208-pound wide receiver was selected No. 68 out of Ohio State. He ranked seventh in school history in career receptions (136) and eighth in yards receiving (1,955).
Houston has signed seven of its eight draft picks. Only third-round pick Brandon Brooks, a 6-4, 353-pound offensive lineman from Miami (Ohio), remains unsigned.
Posey, had five career 100-yard receiving games at Ohio State, including three during his junior season. He earned All-Big Ten honorable mention as a junior after starting all 13 games and finishing second on the team with 53 receptions for 848 yards and seven touchdowns. Posey was suspended for 10 games as a senior in the wake of the memorabilia-for-cash scandal at the school.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home