Houston Texans sign 3rd-round pick WR Devier Posey
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans have signed third-round draft pick DeVier Posey.
The 6-foot-1, 208-pound wide receiver was selected No. 68 out of Ohio State. He ranked seventh in school history in career receptions (136) and eighth in yards receiving (1,955).
Houston has signed seven of its eight draft picks. Only third-round pick Brandon Brooks, a 6-4, 353-pound offensive lineman from Miami (Ohio), remains unsigned.
Posey, had five career 100-yard receiving games at Ohio State, including three during his junior season. He earned All-Big Ten honorable mention as a junior after starting all 13 games and finishing second on the team with 53 receptions for 848 yards and seven touchdowns. Posey was suspended for 10 games as a senior in the wake of the memorabilia-for-cash scandal at the school.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston 15 min ago
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver 30 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong 19 min ago
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston 32 min ago
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos