Houston Texans sign 3rd-round pick WR Devier Posey
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans have signed third-round draft pick DeVier Posey.
The 6-foot-1, 208-pound wide receiver was selected No. 68 out of Ohio State. He ranked seventh in school history in career receptions (136) and eighth in yards receiving (1,955).
Houston has signed seven of its eight draft picks. Only third-round pick Brandon Brooks, a 6-4, 353-pound offensive lineman from Miami (Ohio), remains unsigned.
Posey, had five career 100-yard receiving games at Ohio State, including three during his junior season. He earned All-Big Ten honorable mention as a junior after starting all 13 games and finishing second on the team with 53 receptions for 848 yards and seven touchdowns. Posey was suspended for 10 games as a senior in the wake of the memorabilia-for-cash scandal at the school.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games 20 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards