Texans LB Brian Cushing out of the hospital after experiencing flu-like symptoms
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing is out of the hospital Thursday morning after experiencing flu-like symptoms from a virus.
Cushing was admitted Tuesday night and missed both the morning and afternoon practices Wednesday, but according to head coach Gary Kubiak, there's no cause for concern and it's not serious.
Kubiak said he hopes to have Cushing at back at practice Thursday afternoon and that he hopes the defensive star will be able to play in the team's first preseason game on Saturday.
The Texans play at Carolina on Saturday and you can see the game here on ABC13 at 6pm. Be sure to tune in early to Extra Points at 5:30pm for pregame coverage.
ABC13 is the Official Television Home of the Houston Texans
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 28 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 36 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 29 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 3 min ago
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line 3 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 41 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 45 min ago
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case 11 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 13 min ago