Texans LB Brian Cushing out of the hospital after experiencing flu-like symptoms
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing is out of the hospital Thursday morning after experiencing flu-like symptoms from a virus.
Cushing was admitted Tuesday night and missed both the morning and afternoon practices Wednesday, but according to head coach Gary Kubiak, there's no cause for concern and it's not serious.
Kubiak said he hopes to have Cushing at back at practice Thursday afternoon and that he hopes the defensive star will be able to play in the team's first preseason game on Saturday.
The Texans play at Carolina on Saturday and you can see the game here on ABC13 at 6pm. Be sure to tune in early to Extra Points at 5:30pm for pregame coverage.
ABC13 is the Official Television Home of the Houston Texans
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer