Texans LB Brian Cushing out of the hospital after experiencing flu-like symptoms
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing is out of the hospital Thursday morning after experiencing flu-like symptoms from a virus.
Cushing was admitted Tuesday night and missed both the morning and afternoon practices Wednesday, but according to head coach Gary Kubiak, there's no cause for concern and it's not serious.
Kubiak said he hopes to have Cushing at back at practice Thursday afternoon and that he hopes the defensive star will be able to play in the team's first preseason game on Saturday.
The Texans play at Carolina on Saturday and you can see the game here on ABC13 at 6pm. Be sure to tune in early to Extra Points at 5:30pm for pregame coverage.
ABC13 is the Official Television Home of the Houston Texans
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home