Texans LB Brian Cushing out of the hospital after experiencing flu-like symptoms
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing is out of the hospital Thursday morning after experiencing flu-like symptoms from a virus.
Cushing was admitted Tuesday night and missed both the morning and afternoon practices Wednesday, but according to head coach Gary Kubiak, there's no cause for concern and it's not serious.
Kubiak said he hopes to have Cushing at back at practice Thursday afternoon and that he hopes the defensive star will be able to play in the team's first preseason game on Saturday.
The Texans play at Carolina on Saturday and you can see the game here on ABC13 at 6pm. Be sure to tune in early to Extra Points at 5:30pm for pregame coverage.
ABC13 is the Official Television Home of the Houston Texans
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston 24 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Man found fatally shot at Motel 6 in east Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos