Texans DE Antonio Smith fined for kicking Dolphins' Richie Incognito
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith says he's been fined $21,000 by the league for kicking Miami guard Richie Incognito during last week's win over the Dolphins.
Smith missed two practices this week with a sore right ankle. He says he was only retaliating when Incognito tried to twist his ankle after the whistle.
The Texans (1-0) play at Jacksonville (0-1) on Sunday. Smith practiced on Friday and coach Gary Kubiak expects him to play against the Jaguars.
Smith says he's "disappointed" in the fine and plans to appeal. Smith was fined $7,500 last season for pulling off Baltimore guard Andre Gurode's helmet in a game against the Ravens.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea